Josh Denton, a 6-foot-5 senior at Maumelle High School, committed this week to play college basketball at the University of Arkansas at Monticello.
Denton played on the wing for the Hornets and averaged 15 points a game as Maumelle was the Class 5A runner-up this past season.
Subscribe if you like, pay if you can
Micheal Shook, Denton’s coach at Maumelle, said the Boll Weevils’ commit also 3.7 rebounds a game and was excellent shooter at 38.7 percent from the three-point line, 45.5 percent from the field overall and was also 84.2 percent from the free throw line
UAM is a Division II school and plays against other D-II schools in the state in the Great American Conference.